ssh on FreeBSD <solved>

> I solved the issue on many linux using termcap/c/cygwin... but FreeBSD
> doesn't use terminfo AFAIK, only has a file with termcap, which
> already has the following string:
>
> cygwin:\
>        :xn@:op=\E[39;49m:Km=\E[M:tc=linux:
>
> instead of
>
> cygwin:\
>
> :xn@:op=\E[39;49m:Km=\E[M:te=\E[2J\E[?47l\E8:ti=\E7\E[?47h:tc=linux:
>
> But also changing it there is no real difference I can notice: CR
> still "duplicates" lines, PagUp/PagDn still leave characters frompast
> lines...

Well... I guess termcap is user by a library and terminfo by another
library.. and vi/nano and others use the latter.
Problem is that under FreeBSD I didn't find the usuale
/usr/share/termcap/c/ direcotry to put cygwin terminfo file.
A friend of mine found out that creating it in
/usr/share/misc/terminfo/c/cygwin completely solves the problem.
I wonder why doesn't FreeBSD contains a bunch of terminfo examples
(the /usr/share/misc/terminfo directory doesn't even exist in a standard
install).
Whops the same friend just told me that terminfo database is to be
included soon in FreeBSD base files.

Well anyhaw anyone reading this ML can be an happy remote freebsd user =)

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)