Run cron - echo $HOME does not give home directory - still not work

Hi,

Actually, use can logon and run cron smoothly. I think
the /etc/passwd is not problem. However, user still
cannot get his home directory when "echo $HOME" in
running cron, the cron output file give /cygdrive/c.

I read the README in /usr/doc/cron. I set /etc/passwd
and /var (& its directory) to 777 mode.

I think the cron has not read /etc/passwd, is it ?
Any suggestion ?

bella

 --- "Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)" <lhall@rfk.com>