Re: Adding col to cygutils.

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 12:24:35PM -0700, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
>
>>I think it should be included, I've encountered a script or two which was
>>looking for this item.  I hope others agree and this doesn't get tabled
>>like the ksh93 packages (what ever happened to that anyway?).
>>

> It's Chuck's call.  I agree that it should be in cygutils.

Send the tarball directly to me, David.  I'll incorporate it in the next
release.

I'm also planning to refactor into a 'one Makefile.am to rule them all'
build -- but keeding separate programs in their (current) separate
subdirectories (cf "Recursive Make Considered Harmful").  This will
require yet more changes to the HOW-TO cygutils doco...

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

>> I hope others agree and this doesn't get tabled
>> like the ksh93 packages (what ever happened to that anyway?).

> I don't know what happened to ksh93.  I've given up.

The last I heard from Karsten was on 4/13.  He was planning to offer a
bare-bones ksh package and a separate ksh-utils package.  He was also
going to create a ksh-accel and ksh-devel package (for those ksh-speedup
builtins) but had decided NOT to provide those via setup, at least at first.

Karsten's usual modus operandi is to pop up, ask a few questions, and
then go away (and not bother the list) while he solves problems or
coordinates with the U/Win folks.  So I wouldn't worry -- but I've CC:
Karsten on this message...

Karsten: PING?

--Chuck