Re: Adding col to cygutils

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 13:10:11 -0400, Christopher
Faylor wrote:

> Why are you contributing to cygutils rather than
> cygwin itself

As I stated in my original message, the reason I
though col belonged in cygutils rather than it's own
package for cygwin is that other BSD utilities, such
as cal, were already a part of cygutils.  From that
organization I came to the conclusion that cygutils
would be the logical location for other utilities
found as part of bsdmainutils.

> Well, of course.  Why would you want to send a large
> attachment to the thousands of people reading this
> list?

Because that is what is asked in the HOW-TO-CONTRIBUTE
document that is part of cygutils.  It asks to send a
changelog as part of the message text, and a patch
generated via "cvs diff" along with a tarball of new
files to cygwin@cygwin.com.  If that is no longer the
case, then I will be glad to update the
HOW-TO-CONTRIBUTE document to reflect the current
policies regarding submissions.  I would just need to
know what they are first.

David.