cygwin/Perl and Win32:: package(s)

I have been developing a Perl script under Linux and cygwin (under Win 98)
that is to run under a native version of Perl on a Win 2000 system.

I have Linux and Win98 at home/work but not Win 2000. Perl is 5.6.1 .

I decided it would be nice to add code using Win32::Registry to my Perl script
and found that I could not get Win32::Registry (or any of it's friends) to
install under cygwin/Win98. So I (foolishly) started looking into this.

I've got many of the sub packages to compile,link and in some cases
partially run. I've still got some work to do for it to build "out of the box".

Some of these sub packages will probably never build under Win 98, some
are of no use under cygwin.

I have identified most of the problems in building Win32::... under cygwin
and found solutions for most.

Is anyone interested in this sort of work, particularly the cygwin Perl
maintainer(s), I could do with some assistance and guidance!

Please cc me as I'm not on any of the cygwin mailing lists yet.

Clive