Re: bogus PATH transformations in bash 2.05a.0(3)-release w/cygwin 1.3.10

On Tue, 21 May 2002 20:38:23 -0700 Kevin Layer <layer@franz.com> wrote:

> >> What does cygcheck -s say?
>
> Cygwin Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
> Current System Time: Tue May 21 20:37:06 2002
>
> Windows 2000 Professional Ver 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2

>         .
>         c:\bin
>         C:\Perl\bin
>         C:\Cygwin\bin
>         c:\cygwin\usr\bin
>         C:\Cygwin\usr\local\bin
>         C:\WINNT\system32
>         C:\WINNT
>         C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem
>         C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools\WinNT
>         C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin
>         C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Tools
>         C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\bin
>         C:\NCFTP
>         C:\Program Files\Resource Pro Kit
>         d:\openssl-0.9.6\out32dll
> . . .
> c:/             /c         user    textmode
> d:/             /d         user    textmode
> e:/             /e         user    textmode
> w:              /w         user    textmode
> y:              /y         user    textmode
> z:              /z         user    textmode
> .               /cygdrive  user    textmode,noumount
> c:\cygwin\      /          system  textmode
> c:\cygwin\/bin  /usr/bin   system  textmode
> c:\cygwin\/lib  /usr/lib   system  textmode
> .               /cygdrive  user    textmode,noumount

Your /usr/bin and /usr/lib mounts are incorrect.  There were some problems
with that with some versions of setup.exe, but I think that has been fixed
now.  In the meantime, it may have caused some files to be installed under
c:\cygwin\usr\bin\ and c:\cygwin\usr\lib\ that should have gone to
c:\cygwin\bin\ and c:\cygwin\lib\ instead, so you need to make sure
anything that got misplaced gets moved.

Note that /usr/bin/ === /bin and /usr/lib/ === /lib/ when the mounts are
correct.

To clean things up, execute the following commands in a MSDOS window:

REM Do this from a cmd.exe window, __NOT__ a bash shell window
move c:\cygwin\usr\bin\* c:\cygwin\bin\
move c:\cygwin\usr\lib\* c:\cygwin\lib\
umount /usr/bin
umount /usr/lib