Re: Crash during setup

Sebastian,

Patience is one suggestion. I have a fast machine with fast disks and a
fast, dual-channel SCSI I/O adaptor (and the install cache and the Cygwin
working directories are on separate disks and those disks are on separate
I/O channels) and still it takes a long time for Setup to determine what to
offer to install. There simply are a lot of separate I/O operations to
perform to prepare the installation list.

There have been reports that indicate CPU saturation while the
"intentionally blank [sic]" page is displayed. That's not the case for
normal operation, of course. Use the "Processes" tab of the "Windows Task
Manager" to check for this condition. If the CPU utilization is low, then
Setup is probably still comparing your install cache to your active
installation.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA