Re: [Patch] make 3.79.1-5 vpath directive in file 'read.c'

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 04:46:21PM +0200, Johan Bezem wrote:
>sorry, I've been on vacation for two weeks, and now trying to catch up
>with the mailing list.
>Since supplying the patch, and already trying 3.79.1-7 in experimental
>mode, I've come to an understanding about the FIXME comments, asking
>whether such a conversion should only be applied when not in 'unixy'
>mode ("unixy_shell != 0").
>1. In the file vpath.c, the VPATH variable and the GPATH variable are
>handled differently (GPATH only converts when unixy_shell == 0, VPATH in
>any case); this is at least inconsequent, I'd suggest to remove the
>'unixy_shell' condition in the GPATH case.

The VPATH part is historically wrong.  AFAIK, conversion of MS-DOS paths
is only supposed to occur when --win32 is specified or MAKE_MODE=win32.

It should be easy enough to set the MAKE_MODE environment variable to
get your desired behavior.

cgf