RE: name: GNU/cygwin system

> I don't disagree with your conclusion, Chris, but you're
> using a flawed
> model.  So *what* if cygwin is the most popular project on
> sources.redhat?

Just for the record: any number of "unix + windows" related
searches ("bash for windows", "gnu for windows", "unix for
windows", "gcc for windows", "free windows compiler", etc.)
turn up the Cygwin home in the top ten links (in most of my
examples, as the #1 link.)

At my previous company - with many hardcore Windows software
folks - I think that just about everyone had at least heard
of Cygwin, and a majority of us had used it at one point or
another (either at work, at home, or both.)  Keep in mind,
this was in Pittsburgh, PA - not Silicon Valley, Boston, or
any other traditional hotbed of cutting-edge technology.

Anecdotal evidence, perhaps.  But I honestly don't think that
Cygwin has any kind of visibility problem.

-Samrobb