RE: ssh-agent

Harig, Mark A. said:
> You might want to look at the tool 'keychain'.  In the setup.exe
> Category window, it's in the 'Utils' group.  Here's what it
> displays when you enter: $ keychain --help

keychain is certainly a nice tool, but I'm not sure it's going to
help.  See, I've already got the (trivial) shell hack in place that
doess all that keychain does.  The problem lies with background
processes and cygwin.  Say that the first cygwin application I launch
is rxvt.  My .bashrc checks to see if ssh-agent is running and, if
not, starts it.  Next, I launch Xwin from that shell.  Now the
ssh-agent is useful to all the windows created with my window manager.
 So far, so good.  The only problem is that I daren't exit the
original rxvt.  If I do, ssh-agent no longer functions correctly in
that all future ssh connections hang.  To get around that, I've had to
start ssh-agent with the following command:run bash -c "ssh-agent > $HOME/.config/ssh-agent"

This now functions correctly, and the only remaining difficulty is
when I restart/shutdown windows I get prompted to kill ssh-agent/bash.
 I was hoping to make it a service merely to get around the
deal-with-the-dialog issue.