Re: cygwin and miktex. I need help !

Thank you all!

I've downloaded the latest version of the cygwin
setup.exe
and reinstalled tetex-beta, texmf, texmf-base and
textmf-extra packages. Sorry if someone thought there
was
a problem with this. At this point it works fine.[
Thanks to
Hoenicka, and Hanchrow ]. But i have MikTeX and i
thought i
could profit it...

Following Benoit instructions it success to work !

Litle drawback: there are two directories with more
than 70 MB each,
texmf (from MikTeX) and texmf.original (from Cygwin).

Regards, Javier

(http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/ntsgml.html)
 >  > up to chapter 7, my question is how could i
profit

--- Jerome BENOIT wrote:
 > Bonjour,
 >
 > MikTeX runs well under DOS:
 > it is a good idea to use the cygwin tetex package
 > if you want to tex under cygwin.
 > In view to use the texmf tree distributed by MikTeX

 > try (and modify if necessary):
 > 1] install the cygwin tetex package;
 > 2] move the /usr/share/texmf directory to
/usr/share/texmf.original
]
 > 3] link the MikTeX texmf directory to
/usr/share/texmf
 >     [ ln -s /foo/MikTeX/texmf /usr/share/texmf ]
 > 4] and link the original  web2c directory:
 >     [ ln -s /usr/share/texmf.original/web2c
/usr/share/texmf/web2c ]
 > 5] check that the *.cnf file in the directory
/usr/share/texmf/web2c
 >      are unfrozen (read the cygwin documentation
for more information);
 > 6] run mktexlsr
 >
 > Now it should work:
 >
 > Let know what happens.