Re: Annoying cmd console spawn with remote access and Win 2000

Hi Charles,

 > Pawel Czechowicz wrote:
 >
 >> Christopher Faylor wrote:

 >>> You should DEFINITELY ask for a refund, then.
 >>

 >> Well, obviously this is very funny!
 >

 > Yes, it was funny.  *WE* make you mad because we provided software to
 > you gratis, the does almost everything you want -- except for one thing:
 > redirecting the output of non-cygwin processes thru a cygwin tty.  (read
 > that again: redirecting a NON-cygwin process...)

Don't be too angry Charles! I am sorry, I did not make myself completely
clear and you misinterpreted my intentions. I am extremely grateful to
the whole cygwin community for providing such an excellent suite to help
many people SURVIVE in that hated Micro$oft environment :-)
What I was angry at, (mad, crazy and so on ;-) (look at Shankar Unni's
post - thank you Shankar :-)) was that some new 'inventions' of MS
Window$ break completely some well prepared basics of a stable
environment (aka cygwin). I bet there is a switch, registry entry or
some such to make this particular Windoze 2000 behave correctly, but
where to look for it is another question ;-).

I just hoped there was somebody who encountered a similar problem,
that's all. I do not like the idea of asking Micro$oft because the reply
   I am going to receive will be 'stop using cygwin, use DevStudio instead'.

I never did it ;-) I like cygwin and never said a word against it :-)

 > (Honestly, your question was closer to (a) than to (b), but the "This
 > really makes me mad!" is rather accusatory, and changes the whole tone
 > of your message)

I never meant to be offence anyone ;-) Cultural clash? :-)

 >> Do you think that I want to use this crappy Window$ stuff? No, I am
 >> forced to! This OS was bought for me by my employer and I am obliged
 >> to be happy with it!!! The same with VC++ and so on.
 >>
 >> THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP!
 >

 > No need for SCREAMING.  What is the output of 'cygcheck -s -v -r'?  What
 > is your CYGWIN variable set to?  Have you tried with CYGWIN=...
 > containing tty and not containing tty?

Thanks for the above ideas, that's something :-).
BTW regardless of setting or not CYGWIN to tty the behaviour is the same.

Regards,
Pawel Czechowicz