Re: "I have no interest in your problem."

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 09:13:07PM -0700, .. wrote:
>This phrase "I have no interest in your problem." is what is to be had
>in asking questions about how to make cygwin do what other approaches
>might accomplish.
>
>So if you figure something out , shout it here, as folks like (CF) are
>too stuck up with themselves as to worry about how folks might
>translate what works everywhere else into the cygwin context.

Of course you should shout it out here.  That's exactly what mailing
lists like this are for.

>In essciance (CF) becomes his own bill gates, neither citing usefull
>information or referencing same, and at the same time is even too lazy
>to let you make the docs for him.

In case anyone is wondering, I sent this person my standard "use the
mailing list and other resources at http://cygwin.com/"; response to some
private email.

He sent me more mail saying "Screw this mail-list crap", insisting that
he wanted me to tell him how to do something and that, in return, he'd
document what needed to be done.  He called it "Sweat trade Tech 4
Docs".

I responded that I had no interest in his problem (which is even truer
now) and that, even if I did think it was worth pursuing, there was no
reason to go through the inevitable series of "how do I build it"
questions when I could just update the documentation myself and avoid
the pain of trying to communicate with someone who obviously still has
a deep knowledge hole to climb out of.

I will also admit that I found the proposal that "I'll do something for
you if you do something for me" to be a little amusing.  I've already
done quite a bit for drclue.  He obviously just doesn't realize that.

Isn't Free Software *fun*?

cgf