Re: Annoying cmd console spawn with remote access and Win 2000

| Do you think that I want to use this crappy Window$ stuff? No, I am
| forced to! This OS was bought for me by my employer and I am obliged
| to be happy with it!!! The same with VC++ and so on.
|
| THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP!

Well nmake is the problem, ask microsoft ;-)  BTW What operations is
it that nmake fires up in new windows?? (when it calls notepad to edit
a file or :-) ?)

Ideas..

* Use gmake instead of nmake

* How does win2k telnet handle stuff like this?

* use vnc instead of cygwin to work remotely, you will get the
graphics and so on, but nmake will be run in its home and cosy
environment, not some weird shell.. ;-)

        /Andy

p.s. vnc http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

--
 The eye of the beholder rests on the beauty!