Re: Annoying cmd console spawn with remote access and Win 2000

Pawel Czechowicz wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
>> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 06:44:03PM +0200, Pawel Czechowicz wrote:
>>
>>> This issue really drives me mad:
>>>

>> You should DEFINITELY ask for a refund, then.
>

> Well, obviously this is very funny!

Yes, it was funny.  *WE* make you mad because we provided software to
you gratis, the does almost everything you want -- except for one thing:
redirecting the output of non-cygwin processes thru a cygwin tty.  (read
that again: redirecting a NON-cygwin process...)

Seems a rather ungrateful response, to me.  cgf's humorous reply was a
way of pointing out that you usually catch more flies with honey than
vinegar.  How about:

(a) I have a problem.  Here's the description.  Can anyone explain why
it is happening, and suggest a solution.  I have searched the relevant
mailing list archives, and found the following responses: <url> <url>,
but as you can see, they do not directly address my problem.

instead of

(b) You guys suck!  I'm angry!  I spent all day downloading cygwin and
it doesn't do what I want!  FIX IT!!!  NOW!

(Honestly, your question was closer to (a) than to (b), but the "This
really makes me mad!" is rather accusatory, and changes the whole tone
of your message)

> Do you think that I want to use this crappy Window$ stuff? No, I am
> forced to! This OS was bought for me by my employer and I am obliged to
> be happy with it!!! The same with VC++ and so on.
>
> THIS IS A CRY FOR HELP!

No need for SCREAMING.  What is the output of 'cygcheck -s -v -r'?  What
is your CYGWIN variable set to?  Have you tried with CYGWIN=...
containing tty and not containing tty?

--Chuck