RE: MIT shared memory extension

> I don't think that the next cygwin release should enable the code. It's
> not ready yet - it's apparently high latency, and needs further work.

but latencies seems to me a generic problem. I remember the lmbench result, for
example context switching
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-01/msg01719.html, but unfortunally I
have no idea where to look in the cygwin code and how to detect such bottleneks.
Perhaps there are other people with exactly the needed knowledge, so we can
solve this issue together ?

Ralf