Re: Missing feature in Pine

*** Jim.George (jim.george@blueyonder.co.uk) wrote today:

:) I am hapily running Pine under Cygwin however I have a problem.

Great!

:) So my questions are
:)
:) 1) what is the command to pipe the email to an external viewer under cygwin
:)    Pine?

You need to have [X] enable-unix-pipe-command enabled in your
configuration.

 If you are using the bash shell, however, this is not the only
requirement. The problem is that bash does not export the SHELL variable.
It must be exported manually. If this is your case, simply add

    export SHELL

to you ~/.bash_profile file.

The file /usr/doc/Cygwin/pine-4.44-1.README shows you an alternative
solution to this problem. I hope you have read that document. This
problem is specific to the bash shell, not to Pine.

:) 2) can this even be achieved with this version of pine?
:) 3) can the maintainer update the help screen?

The problem is already solved in the documentation for Pine. My real
question is if I should manually export this variable through a
postinstall script. It is becoming a FAQ.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/personal.html