Re: setup.exe 2.218.2.8/9 broken

Harig, Mark A. wrote:
> [...]

Perhaps some explanatory text on the panel where setup asks for "local
directory" would be nice.  Something like "This is the cygwin setup
program's private cache.  Do not choose a directory with pre-existing
contents, unless those contents are the result of an earlier run of this
setup program".  Care to provide a patch?

But no, it's not "the solution".  Chris has already added some code that
assists setup in parsing only "proper" setup.ini files and skipping
non-setup.exe-related ones.

> Also, I'd like to suggest that when setup.exe finds syntax errors in a
> setup.ini file, it log those messages in a file so that the messages can
> be used in reporting problems with setup.exe.  I've been unable to
> cut&paste the text from the windows that list the parsing errors.

Probably a good idea -- but you can also use the "scaper" utility from
PCMag (ZDnet) to grab text from popup dialogs.

--Chuck