Re: name: GNU/cygwin system

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 02:51:22AM -0500, Michael Smith wrote:
>>At this point, I've gone offtopic, so I'll just be quite now :}
>
>Yeah, I guess the discussion probably isn't of interest to most people
>on this list, so I'll shut up about it now too.
>
>But if somebody can let me know off-list who I should follow up with
>regarding participation in the LSB, I'd appreciate it.

We are rather adamant here about keeping discussions public unless they
really really have to be public.

It's never been a goal of Cygwin to adhere to something like the LSB
and we already refer to the Single UNIX Specification for reference.
This is another thing that you could have gleaned from inspection
of the mailing list archives.

Anyone who might be interested in participating in something like the
LSB is undoubtedly already aware of it.

Respectfully, you seem rather new to the project.  I wouldn't feel
comfortable with you representing it in any way.

cgf