PGP signatures for packages?

Are signatures available for the setup program, or for the packages it
downloads?
RPM uses GPG signatures, but I can't find anything comparable for the Cygwin
binaries.  Even just a list of hashes would be worthwhile (ideally vended from
a secure Cygwin/Redhat web page) to verify that a mirror (or download) hasn't
been corrupted.  Real PGP signatures would be better.  I can live without tool
support -- I can do the verifications manually, but only if I can find the
signatures :-).

I saw a note back in December
(http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2001-12/msg00950.html)
that touched on this, but I couldn't find any followup.  Did this wither on the
vine?