Re: QUESTION: How to start up PostgreSQL within cygwin?

Hello fellows,

First at all, sorry for the late response.
I have been very busy this week due the birth of my second daughter.
Thanks to all who answered my pray :-)

If someone else downloads the cygipc program, it should be at the folder
\CygWin\install so
The rigt command shall be:

$ tar -jxvf /install/cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2

instead of

$ tar -jxvf /cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2

Which means the file resides at the "root" directory, which should be
maintained as clean as possible.
I'll proceed to download and/or install the files recommended by the file
http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.1.README

Thanks again
Regards

 José Luis Otermin