RE: New setup uploaded - 2.218.2.8

From: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
>I think I see now.  I was simply letting 'setup.exe' use its defaults.
>It defaults to using 'c:\cygwin' for the Root Install Directory and
>'c:\cygwin' for the Local Package Directory.  I assumed that setup was
>searching in the '/' directory tree, but that was just a coincidence
>because my '/' mount point is 'c:\cygwin'.  In fact, setup searches in
>whatever location is provided for Local Package Directory.  I changed my
>Local Package Directory setting to c:\cygwin\setup (a directory that did
>not exist), and setup created the needed directory.  None of the parsing
>errors that I reported earlier were generated because setup no longer
>finds invalid 'setup.ini' files from other, non-setup packages.

OK.  For those of us who did it the "wrong" way (mine is set to H:\), how can I change the local package directory and still keep all the current package information?  Is it automatic?  What about the "latest" and "contrib" directories?  Are those obsolete?

On the other hand, would it be a good idea for setup.exe to tag its directories in some way, like with a zero-byte file, so that it doesn't take just any old setup.ini file it finds?

--
Daniel
ZZZ-dgun-ZZZ-@umpire-ZZZ-.com