Re: 1.3.10 release/installer 2.218.2.8 not working

At 12:46 AM 5/16/2002, Derek Botfield wrote:
>I am unable to get the latest cygwin installed. All
>kinds of binaries (such as cp, id and touch etc.) are
>missing. Nevertheless I need a working version of
>cygwin and I know that B20 installed flawlessly. Where
>can I get a copy of B20 (or even B20.1)?

Trolling of B20.x (or B19 or B18...) information is off-topic for this list,
unless you're reporting the existence of a site with these binaries available.
If you are reporting a site with these binaries, it's quite likely that
someone here will actively seek it out and try to get the binaries removed.
We're very sensitive to the volume of email on this site and want to keep it
focused on current releases.

The current Cygwin DLL release (1.3.10) and accompanying packages is what is
supported by this list.  You're free to use any other version you want but
this list can't support it and discussions of those versions are off-topic.

If you care to report details of your setup.exe problems, that would be
considered on-topic and proper procedure.  Please double check that you've
tried the very latest setup.exe before sending your report however.  This
utility has been changing daily (if not more) lately so it behooves you to
make sure your problem is reproducible.  Also, it's appreciated if you
check the email list archives at least a few days back to make sure your
problem has not already been reported.

Thanks,