Re: Helpful Bug Reporting (setup.exe)

On Wed, 15 May 2002 06:38:24 +0600 Dockeen <dockeen@mchsi.com> wrote:

> When you are reporting an error, try to think like someone
> who is trying to solve the problem!  In the case of setup.exe
> problems make sure to include:
>
> (1) What version of setup you are using.  Its on the first
> screen you get after running setup, right below the symbol.
> If you have any doubt that it is the latest, go back to the
> Cygwin home page, hit refresh a couple of times, and download
> again.

The version number is also on the startup line in setup.log and
setup.log.full.  Those files are either in /var/log/ or the download local
directory.

Making a copy of setup.log.full after a problem run is also a good idea so
it will be available later if someone asks for information from it.  The
file is written anew every run, so if you don't save it before the next run
it is gone.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html