Re: How to install from an ftp server if internet isn't reachable?

Thomas --

...and then Thomas Schweikle said...
%
% Hi!

Hello!

%
% How can I install from an ftp server when I can't reach the internet, thus
% not beeing able to fetch the list of mirrors from "ftp.cygwin.com"?

Do you have all of the files locally already, or are you limited by a
firewall to ftp but not http?

%
% "setup.exe" seems not to have the ability to tell at startup which
% ftp-server should be used. Any Idea how to make "setup.exe" use ftp
% servers without fetching the mirror-list from "ftp.cygwin.com"?

If you can get to the list of mirrors somehow, I believe you can put a
server into either the ini file or the registry and it will use that one.
I also know that you only need ftp for downloading; if you install from a
local dir then it doesn't care about the 'net.  You might just use curl
or wget to pull down the source tree, a copy of setup (whatever its
number is today :-) and the setup.ini file and then do a local install,
perhaps from a CD that you make to get it over to this crippled computer.

%
% --
% Thomas

HTH & HAND