RE: new 2.218.2.6 setup also freezes

I'm seeing a similar problem.  I thought that this had been resolved
last week with setup-20020510.exe.

I followed the steps below after downloading setup, version 2.218.2.6:

   1. Run setup.exe and select 'Download from Internet'.

   2. Select a few packages for updates.  Download without any problems.

   3. Run setup.exe and select 'Install from Internet'.

   4. Select a few packages for updates.  Download and install without
any problems.

   5. Run setup.exe and select 'Install from Local Directory'.

   6. After clicking on 'Next' on the 'Local Package Directory' dialog
window, setup displays the 'Progress' dialog window for a "long" time
(several minutes), and then displays a dialog window with 'Parse Errors'
in the setup.ini file.  After dismissing this window (several of them,
actually), I exited setup when I displayed the 'Category' dialog window.

   7. Run setup.exe and select 'Install from Local Directory'.  This
time, when setup displays the 'Progress' dialog window, it never
proceeds past it to a Parse Errors window or any other window.  This
appears to be the same problem as *** is reporting.

Of course, if you are stuck, the simple solution for now might be to
select 'Install from Internet', instead of the two-stage
'Download'/'Install from Local Directory'.