XP-Pro Install Results

I successfully did an incremental install from the internet this morning
using 2.218.2.6 on my
Pentium 3 Laptop, 1.113 Ghz, XP Pro.  I did the install at about 8 AM, CST

(1) I installed the new pieces of code including diff and flex.  I did not
install the setup module that
was marked skip.
(2) I have pretty much everything installed from Cygwin (even games, for no
apparent reason).  I
have not installed the mod_* stuff as yet.
(3) I did install from internet, all users, Unix.  The local directory I use
is c:\xfer\cygtemp
(4) I connect using IE5 settings (I have always done this, since direct
connect did not seem
to work for me at the beginning)
(5) I used the archive.progeny.com mirror, this is the mirror I always use
(6) The mirror  folder created by the last install was still present.  I
have also had previous successful installs
in which I have deleted the mirror folder.

Since the problems with setup first started being reported, I have used
numerous releases of
setup with no issue.  I have not done a full install however, all installs
have been incremental.
I have in the last week or two done a download, write to CD and install on
two Win2000 Pro machines
that were not connected to the network, and it worked without issue.  When
one of those machines
was subsequently connected to the network, I have done incremental installs
with no issue.

On occasion, when some of the xfree stuff was upgraded, I have gotten a
warning message about
code being replaced in-place, and that I needed to restart.

I tried to give as much detail as I could, but I am sure I forgot something
important in this report.
I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad that I am not reporting a failure.

Wayne Keen