Re: Problems handling Ctrl-C on dual-processor machine in cygwin

At 05:58 PM 5/13/2002, Sudheer Tumuluru wrote:
>Hi,
>         I have a Perl script which encapsulates a Win32 application: it
>does some pre-launch stuff, launches the Win32 application, waits for it
>to terninate and then does some other stuff at the end. I am executing
>this script from within Command-prompt (cmd.exe) on Windows 2000
>Professional SP2(Cygwin 1.3.10-1).
>
>           I have a single-processor box and it seems to handle Ctrl-C on
>the embedded Win32 app. well: both from the bash shell and the
>cmd-shell. The app. stops and Perl script continues execution. But on a
>dual-processor box, the Win32 app. terminates cleanly but the Perl
>script doesn't continue... it seems to be getting the signal as well;
>and as a result terminates in the middle. I don't have problems doing
>the same from the bash prompt (in cygwin on the same box), but only from
>the cmd-prompt! Cannot reproduce it on a single-proc box at all.
>
>         Can somebody provide some insight into how to fix this
>problem? Is it a problem with some cygwin configuration or a genuine bug
>(of the interaction between Cygwin and the cmd.exe shell)?

It's not a configuration issue.  As to whether it's a bug with Cygwin or
not, you're probably best reviewing the email archives for discussions about
signals and CTRL-C.  This will provide you the background you'll need if you
want to look more closely at this issue.  Signals and Win32 interaction with
them is a tricky area and not something that can be summed up in one email
message.

HTH,