Changes in latest snapshot

There are several things of note in the latest cygwin snapshot:

The first is Christopher January's latest proc improvements:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q2/msg00154.html

The second is an addition to cygwin's mount processing, i.e.:

  mount --no-executable -b c:/foo /foo

will tell cygwin that none of the files in the c:/foo directory or its
subdirectories should be opened to check for "executableness".  This
should speed up file accesses -- especially for remote access via samba
or whatever.

This option was suggested some time ago.  I had most of the logic in
cygwin already but never implemented the accompanying hooks in
mount.exe.

Another change to mount is that it now always defaults to '--system'.
You must specify '--user' if you want to use user mounts.

I'm thinking about making binmode the default, too.

The last thing of note is that writes to an fd opened for reading
will return EBADF.  read behaves similarly.  See:

This version of the cygwin DLL will eventually become 1.3.11.  The
release is currently waiting for the /proc stuff to stabilize and a
couple of bug fixes to materialize.  Do not ask me when that will
all happen.   I don't have an estimate.  Definitely within the next
year, though...

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .