vim losing file bug with :e#

Crossposted to bug@vim.org

This has been happening since vim-6.0 on cygwin. It is
reproducible (although not every time) and occurs when I have 2
files open and switch back and forth between each with :e#. I
start in one and switch to the other and write it, with :w and
then switch back to the first. Then I change focus to another
window. This case, the perl debugger and attempting to read the
file I just wrote, I get the message:

readline() on closed filehandle L at ./ppind.pl line 16.

I then change focus back to vim and switch back to the problem
file and get the vim warning

Warning, file "penpairs" no longer available.

I then write the file to avoid losing it. Then I go back to the
start of this sequence, that is, the first buffer, and do the
same process all over again.  This time I don't get the messages.
But if I do it a third time, the file is no longer available
again.

The changing of focus to another window is involved. If I don't
change focus, I don't lose the file.

I sent the vim bugreport.txt data to bug@vim.org

--
Greg Matheson                   There is here. Never ceases to amaze me.
Chinmin College