Problem with latest setup.exe

Hi All,
  I've just recently subscribed to this list (digest form), but I've
actually been 'reading' it for some time (I pull an incremental image of
the cygwin.com site (from a mirror, of course) a every-other-day
schedule).
  I've been using Cygwin for over a year now, and I just have to say that
it keeps getting better and better!  Thanks to Cygwin, developing on
Windows NT is tolerable!
  Recently I've decided I'd like to build an X client (X3270) that I
need, so I was going to update my installation with the latest binaries
as well as install the source that I need to be able to build my X
client.
  Since I pull an incremental image of the cygwin.com site, I usually
install using the 'Install from Local Directory' option.  Lately I've
been getting a few errors from setup which basically stopps the
installation.
  One was: "Can't open (null) for reading", which I usually get when
trying to install source packages (but not binaries).
  The other was: "parser stack overflow".  This one only started popping
up with the increase in the number of packages added to setup.ini
(setup-timestamp: 1020997207, setup-version: 2.194.2.26).
  I don't know if anyone has encountered this, yet, or not, so in the
great developer tradition, I pulled the source for the installer
(setup-md5-20020504-src.tar.bz2) from cygwin.com/setup-snapshots and
built setup.exe for debugging and started debugging.
  In case it's important, the configure script should be updated to look
for errno.h and add -DHAVE_ERRNO_H=1 to the DEFS macro.  Without this,
package_db.cc doesn't compile.
  The end result of my debug session was that the parser (iniparse.cc)
needs it's stack increased.  A simple hack is to add -DYYINITDEPTH=1000
to DEFS in the Makefile to increase the initial stack size.  A better
solution would be to implement the yyoverflow macro.
  BTW, it appears that Bison is generating #line compiler statements that
are +1 lines off from the real source.  Kind of a pain to debug with :)

  Supposing that I actually get the X3270 client built, is it worth while
contributing it to this project?  Are there any guideline on submitting
new components to Cygwin?

  Anyho, Cygwin has certainly made my life using Windows easier!

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>