Re: /cygdrive/c ==> //c

At 10:17 AM 5/10/2002, David T-G wrote:
>Hi, all --
>
>I enjoyed being able to cd to //<driveletter>/<path> and was somewhat
>disappointed when that changed to /cygdrive/<driveletter>/<path> and
>still haven't gotten quite used to it.  I was quite happy to find the
>registry key that sets the cygdrive prefix but can't seem to put it back
>to // (I can now change to /c/tmp or /d/data).  Is there any way to get
>back the double-slash behavior?
>

>TIA & HAND

No.  Your best bet is to stick with the /<driveletter>/<path> alternative,
if you don't like the "cygdrive" (or some other prefix).  "//" is generally
a bad choice for Windows anyway since that's the key to indicate network
paths via UNC.  A mistyped local drive access using the "//" notation can
cause lengthy delays... and frequent posts to this list complaining about
performance! ;-)

There's no reason to be mucking around the registry either to make any of
these kinds of changes.  That's why the mount command exists.