where is cygintl-1.dll?

Hi, all --

After somehow tanking my installation and deleting c:\utils\cygwin as well
as my old c:\utils\cygnus, I believe I finally have a good install from
current sources.  It took quite a bit to convince the setup program that
I really wanted to install all of these things; some things it thought I
still had (even though I deleted the registry keys, wiped the then-empty
c:\utils\cygwin dir, and checked c:\tmp = $TEMP = $TMP for any install log
temp files, and then even ran setup saying "uninstall" for everything!),
and some it thought I didn't want (probably 'cuz I hadn't had them in
my earlier install or such).  I can run bash and do an ls; yay.

Certain programs, though, such as cat and grep cause a popup

  A required DLL file, CYGINTL-1.DLL, was not found

and I thus can't do very much.

I have looked through c:\windows (on my Win98 system) and found no
cyg*.dll files, and through c:\utils\cygwin (where I installed
everything) and found no cygin*.dll files (though there are a bunch of
other cyg*.dll files in c:\utils\cygwin\bin).

Any ideas what I need to do next?

BTW, I found what registry keys and the like to delete in the FAQ at the
web site, but I haven't found setup.log or setup.log.full also mentioned
therein.  It's not in the source directory (off on d:), the install
directory as noted, or in $TMP.
Oh, wait!  It's a good thing I botched my passphrase as I sent this the
first time, 'cuz a windows find just found it in c:\utils\cygwin\var\log
(not a bad expectation); I suppose the docs should be updated.

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@justpickone.org * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie
(work) davidtgwork@justpickone.org