Re: Python and PIL and rebase, oh my!

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 06:39:39PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> #3) ------------------------------
> rebase:  We really need to get this into setup ASAP.

I know, I know... [Hangs head in shame again.]  Sigh...

> The current
> version (as posted on the mailing list) has the following interesting
> property:
> $ cygcheck rebase.exe
> Found: .\rebase.exe
> .\rebase.exe
>   D:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
>     D:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
>       D:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
>   D:\WINNT\System32\IMAGEHLP.DLL
>     D:\WINNT\System32\MSVCRT.DLL
>
> I dunno about you, but depending on both cygwin1.dll and MSVCRT.dll
> bothers me.  But, we need IMAGEHLP.DLL -- so rebase.exe has to be a
> mingw app.

Oops!

> There's only one problem: it calls
> cygwin_conv_to_win32_path.  Now, I know the setup codebase includes its
> own versions of those functions, so that'd probably help wean rebase.exe
> away from cygwin1.dll...

Actually, I have had a Mingw version of this stand-alone version of
rebase.exe for a while.  I just uploaded it to my web site:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/rebase/

and moved the (deprecated) Cygwin version to:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/rebase/deprecated/

Now that I can use STL in Cygwin's setup.exe, I'm hoping to start making
head way with rebase/setup.exe integration.

Jason