Re: QUESTION: How to start up PostgreSQL within cygwin?

Jose,

You need to execute "tar -jxvf cygipc-1.11-1.tar.bz2"...  As for why
cygipc isn't included in the official distro is explained on the cygutils
website.  It is being deprecated because there is work in progress on an
official port of this in the latest cvs sources, called cygserver.exe.
For those interested, look here:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2002-03/msg00000.html

HTH,
Nicholas