Re: Processes forking on their own?

> Some of my shell scripts on Windows 2000 Server (NTFS partition) seem to
be forking their commands.
> This has the effect of everything in a script trying to run at once, which
royally screws up dependencies.  This seems to only happen sometimes.  All
in all, general system behavior is bad.
Well in a script shells will always use either fork or spawn to launch other
commands. Do you mean that the shell isn't waiting for the command to
finish?

> Worse yet and perhaps unrelated: when starting a process which forks
itself, when the controlling window closes, that process dies too (pg_ctl
start).  I can't seem to keep my database up unless i avoid using pg_ctl.
SIGHUP related? If you close the controlling window, SIGHUP will get sent to
the forked children. If they don't catch the signal, they will die.

Regards
Chris