From: Charles Wilson [mailto:cwilson@ece.gatech.edu]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 4:10 PM
To: Matthew Appler
Cc: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Most current install fails to install cygpng2.dll

Matthew Appler wrote:

> The program ps2pdf requires cygpng2.dll.

cygpng2.dll is in the 'libpng2-1.0.12-1' package, which can be istalled
alongside the more current libpng-1.0.13-3, libpng10-1.0.13-3, and
libpng10-devel-1.0.13 packages.  (You can investigate this yourself
here:  http://www.cygwin.com/packages/

> However, even with each
> version of libpngX installed, this DLL was not installed.

Did you try libpng2-1.0.12-1?  I did -- and I got cygpng2.dll.

> Renaming
> cygpng10.dll to cygpng2.dll solved the problem (for ps2pdf to operate
> correctly for me) but I am assuming there is likely differences
between
> version 1 and 2 of this DLL.

Ummm...yeah.  Big differences.  Don't do that.

>  Checking the archive indicated installing
> a recent version of libpng2, and this was done, but failed to install
> this DLL.  Any advice or is this a bug?

Well, there was an off-by-one error in a recent version of setup.exe;
the effect was to NOT install the last file in a package.  For a package

with only one file, that means it didn't get installed.  Try updating to

the newest version of setup.exe, and reinstall the libpng2 package.

--Chuck