Fwd: write(2) return codes

Now maybe this will get some attention on the second attempt. I posted this
last week with no response.

The read and write system calls return the incorrect error code in some
cases. Details for write are below. I have attached a patch that should
address this problem, but since the build of cygwin 1.3.10 is so broken I
have not been able to test it.

In answer to my previous question, there is a POSIX validation service which
might help catch more problems like this: the Federal Information Processing
Standard 151-2. It is available at http://www.opengroup.org/testing/fips/
and seems to cover a lot more test cases than the ltp included with cygwin.
I ran most of the tests and there were many failures, but as I do not have
NTFS, anything that uses permissions is an invalid result. If anyone is
interested in running this, I may be willing to help, but I won't pursue
this problem any more until the read/write bug is fixed.

David F