RE: F-Secure anti-virus causes system crash when scanning the C:\cygwin directory.

> I have a Cygwin (setup.exe version 2.194.2.15) full install on my Windows
2000 (SP2)
> desktop and on my (W2000) laptop computers.  My anti-virus software is
F-Secure Anti-virus > 5.22.

> On both machines, if I run a "Scan all Hard Disks" I get a blue screen or
a spontaneous
> reboot while scanning the C:\cygwin directory.  Removing that directory
> eliminates the problem.

I did report the problem to F-Secure.  I wanted to see if this audience had
any cygwin specific knowledge that might be helpful in either solving or
working around this problem.

Regards,

Brad