cygwin's gcc doesn't compiles all IRCd files

  Hello.

  My name is Cosmin Marcu and I want to ask you for a
litle help.
  Few days ago I've installed cygwin in order to build
an Windows IRC server. Everything went fine until gcc
tried to compile the file named res.c . I don't know
which was the problem but the only solution was to
delete from makefile everything related to res.c file.
Without this file the server has no DNS.
  Another problem was with the GNUworld (Undernet's
Channel Service). Actually there were a lot of
problems compiling GNUworld. Maybe you can give me
some solutions  or ideeas for solving this problems.
  Thank you very much.

  With respect,

   Cosmin Marcu

P.S.:
  IRCu and GNUworld source files can be found at
ftp://ftp.sourceforge.net
  I've used ircu2.10.10