RE: ftp / inetd problem

Chris F,

Is Marco's symptom possibly another manifestation of the issue with
permissions that showed up recently with tar? As I recall, Chris, you said
that file permissions presented during a creat(2) or open(2) call with the
O_CREAT flag (as modified by the umask) were not being propagated through
to the permissions assigned to the newly created file.

This came up in the cygwin@cygwin.com thread under the Subject "tar won't
restore permissions" Andrew Chang (<mailto:awc@bitmover.com>) provided a
patch to tar in that topic thread.

>Recent cygwin snapshots should fix this problem.

But I now that I read Chris's brief reply, I'm uncertain whether the patch
he mentions is to tar or to Cygwin1.dll, but my guess is that it's the latter.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA