RE: A proposal for a Cygnus naming convention

At 11:05 AM 5/8/2002, Mellman Thomas wrote:
> [...]

It "serves" no purpose.  It just is.

OK, I think we get the point.  Spaces in any name make your life harder.
You'd rather they don't exist.  Fine.  Whether I agree with that or not,
they will persist.  We can all discourage them but they will appear.  And
ones that exist already aren't likely to change without a strong need.
Unfortunately, I don't think ease of Perl programming is going to be the
clincher.  Sorry.  I guess you'll need to find a way to handle them for
your needs.