Re: A proposal for a Cygnus naming convention

Mellman Thomas wrote:

> Okay, it's clear now that it won't be possible to keep things easy to parse.

This is almost trivially easy if I wanted to manipulate mounts points in
a script:

$ regtool -k list 'HKLM\software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2'
 >/
 >/usr/bin
 >/usr/lib
 >/home

$ regtool get 'HKLM\software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin\mounts v2\/home\native'
 >C:\Documents and Settings\gilgames\Mijn Documenten

There is only one reason I might want to do this; with mount(1) I can't
easily get exactly the string I want without falling back to something
like sed/awk/perl/<add your favourite stream manipulation tool here>.

And unices handle [[:space:]] characters very well, but it just isn't
tradition to use them.

gilgames
--
Gilgamesh Nootebos (Elegant Relational Development)
@: Gilgamesh.Nootebos@elegant.nl