RE: A proposal for a Cygnus naming convention

I didn't mean to say that anything needs to be changed.  It was
only a suggestion for the future.  But to suggest that the registry
is a black box is simply gates-ian.  That's a big advantage of unix:
it doesn't try to hide things from the users.  Hopefully, cygwin
developers aren't so close that they're seduced by the dark side.