still trouble downloading.

Hello all,
    Been away from email for a week, am now back and still having trouble
downloading cygwin. I've tried a suggestion whereby i select install on the
categories i want, then switch the view button from category to partial. In
that view i see my selected packages, yet when i hit next i get the message
download complete, even though it has done nothing. When i look in my
setup.log.full file i see that for instance even though i selected cron it
shows up as skip in the log.
    Suggestions welcome.
Dave.