From: Bryce McKinlay [mailto:bryce@waitaki.otago.ac.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, 8 May 2002 11:30
To: Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
Cc: java@gcc.gnu.org; cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Object alignment, was: cygwin failures - assertion "!(addr
&FLAGS)" failed:

Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:

>After rebuilding binutils with 16-byte alignment
> - the first libjava testsuite executable ran
> - another dejagnu problem killed the testsuite
>
>So this approach is promising, but will need to do some
>more dejagnu hacking :-<

So the problem is that binutils doesn't/can't support alignment
directives (.align) for win32 targets? If this is the case it would
probibly be better to tweak libjava/configure.in so that hash
synchronization is disabled for win32. AFAIK thats the only thing in
libgcj that has the 8-byte alignment requirement.

regards

Bryce.