Re: Setup causes illegal operation on Win 95 (new version worked)

>Windows 95 works well in a dual-boot configuration with Linux.
>Therefore, my suggestion is precisely that. If you do, there
>will be no need to use cygwin

Yes I have Installed Red Hat Linux 7.1 and windows both. I had to use cygwin
because for compilation of libmcrypt extension of php on Windows I needed
cygwin. Libmcrypt doesn't provide windows vc++ projects(dsp) to compile it.

Only reason for me not to use Linux for development is because there is no
good editor available for Linux. So, without a good editor, development on
Linux is not as easy as it is on windows. Using editplus
(http://www.editplus.com) we can compile source code of almost all languages
with a single click of a button. Gvim and Emacs are good but not as good as
some windows editors such as Editplus.

Also, Gvim and Kwrite are not as responsive as editplus. For example if I
press page down key and don't release it and suddenly I find what I was
looking for and release the key then Gvim doesn't stop before completing all
page down events. KWrite is dead slow. Also we have to learn those keyboard
shortcuts to use vim and emacs.

If something similar to editplus was available on Linux I will never use
windows again. There are some java editors available like Jedit but they are
very resource hungry. And don't work well on my slow computer. If anyone
knows about a good editor for Linux similar to editplus then please tell me.

Sukhwinder