Re: setlinebuf

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 02:45:42PM +1000, Gareth Pearce wrote:
>I even submited a patch to newlib to get it put in... although it didnt even
>get a 'we need a copyright assignment' or 'looks like you stole that from
>something thats gpl'd ... try again' (which it wasnt I think - it was a cut
>paste edit job from newlib itself pretty much)
>it would be incredibly simple to add.  but given the no comment - I just
>couldnt be bothered trying again ... i just replace the call with the
>equivelent code when i find it in stuff i want to port.

New to free software?  Sometimes (many times) you have to be persistent
if you want to get your patch in.  I'm sure that the newlib developers
(which does not include me or Corinna) would respond to a polite ping.

Just as a reminder, we're all volunteers here.  No one gets performance
reviews based on responding to net submissions.  It's not a corporate
goal for anyone to scan mailing lists helping people.  People do it
because they want to help and so fit their efforts into their busy
schedules.  So it doesn't make any sense to be frustrated by
non-response to a patch, especially after one try.

If, however, one shot at getting a patch in is the limit of what you are
willing to do, then that's fine.  After all, you're a volunteer, too.

cgf