Trying to start a server using Cygwin.

Im relatively new to cygwin and to unix, so please be
easy. I've got cygwin installed under Windows 98 SE,
learned to compile under it, and how to launch a MUD.

But, now I'm having trouble creating a server, so
other coders/builders can log on to the shell, compile
and execute the mud. I've gone through many of the
commands, FAQs, and the mailing list looking for this
simple answer. But it's either been obscured through
technical terminology or I just haven't found it.

If someone could point to a link or toward what I need
to do, I'd very much appreciate it. Thank you for your
time.

   -Faethor