problems with gcc2.95.3-5 (or setup.exe)

Hello,

  I've been experimenting problems with gcc2.95.3-5 or setup, I would
appreciate if someone could tell me which one needs to be fixed.

  If I start with a clean version of Pine, which I get from
 ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/pine
then I apply the following two patches

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/patches/pine4.44/cygwin.patch.gz
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/patches/pine4.44/fancy.patch.gz

then Pine crashes. It crashes when it is executing the line 2903 in file
mailindx.c and it just seems to me that it is crashing in the instruction
strcmp(stream->dtb->name,"imap"), when I attempt to open a newsgroup. I
believe the comparison done in that line is legal. When I attempt to open
comp.mail.pine it tells me:

(gdb) print strcmp(stream->dtb->name, "imap")
	5
(gdb)

I will put my .pinerc file in this address:

http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/.pinerc

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/